Monday 6 September 2010

Going for Goal

the last four weeks have seen my mindset change. My diet is steady, but no great, but the major change has been the level of activity. I am far more active than i have ever been, and more importantly I am enjoying it. The kettlebells is great, though i am out more on the bike, trying to use up as much of the summer as i can.
I have also been doing a lot of reading lately, trying to learn more about weight loss. I have also been trying to incorporate NLP into the fray, not easy with my limited knowledge. But I think i am going on the right direction. So this week, i have set myself a target of writing up my goals. I am going to write up a daily goal, a weekly goal, a monthly goal, a quarterly goal and a yearly goal. At the moment i will concentrate on fitness, but I am going to do something similar for my finances. Hopefully by setting targets I have something to aim for. I also want to do a proper assessment of myself physically before I begin, a sort of before and after shot. I am going to take all my measurements, and use them to assess my progress. My one concern and its a big one, is its groundhog day and I have been here so many times before. I don't know why this time its different, but i think the biggest one is that I have been assessing my life recently as I turn 39 next year. That means I am one year away from the big 4 0. A milestone i want to pass in far better shape than i am in now, both physically and financially. So i think with that coming up Its the right time to take it to the next stage.

No comments: