Thursday 5 November 2009

a step closer

Kim had a meeting with the doctor about Aisha today and he agreed to do the 5 tests required to diagnose Autism. After a lengthy chat he agreed it seemed less likely she had selective mutism and more like she is on the Autistic Spectrum. This has left me feeling strange. I am glad we may be moving closer to finding the cause of the problems, i feel bad that i doubted Kim, and i feel sad that Aisha has more problems to deal with. But tonight will be a family night with lots of cuddles and fun and games. If its dry we will go out to watch the fireworks.
Last night we went to the university library and stocked up on some books on Autism. I also managed to pick up the Structure of Magic I & II by Richard Bandler and John Grinder. I am going to go full steam ahead with NLP to see if i can help myself, but more importantly use it to help me understand Aisha better and to help her.

No comments: