Tuesday 3 November 2009

Stuck in the Middle with you

The last few days have been a struggle. Lets start with Aisha. Her wetting herself has returned to a daily event. Her behaviour with Kim is also getting worse. Kim has broke down a couple of times lately, and seems to have taken as much as she can. There has been a lot of tears. We had a long talk on Monday. She is convinced Aisha has a form of Autism. We have a doctors appointment with the pediatrician that has looked at Aisha since she was born, and will raise the concerns there. Kim had listed all the issues she has with Aisha, some I see, some I don't. But what is clear to me now is i must support Kim 100% at the moment. I really don't know what to think. I have read a bit about Autism and it seems to me Kim is clutching at straws but what is clear is that discounting it at the moment is pushing her away and making her feel isolated which i cant do. She needs my support. So everything has to go on the back burner just now, my full concentration is Kim and Aisha. I have shifted my work day to start at 6.30am so i can get finished earlier, though working in the oil industry means that's not guaranteed. i have to be there as much as i can. The balancing acts comes with my mum. I have to be there for her as well, but not to the detriment of Kim and Aisha. So far she is back home and coping fine, long may it continue!!
I went out to Inverurie last night to collect my old car, it had been with a mechanic getting work done for me to sell it. When i got there the engine was dead and there was about an inch of rainwater on the floor of the drivers side. The smell of mould was evident. Just what i needed!!!!

No comments: