Thursday 27 May 2010

Failure

"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail better"

This is a quote from Samuel Beckett I read the other day and thought it highlighted my struggle with weight loss. No doubt I am better informed than i was a year ago. Maybe too well informed. Maybe reading every report, like the one in the Evening Express last night that says diet is the only important aspect of weight loss, not exercise, has done more damage than good. Less is more as they say. Anyway, i am now in a better place mentally, have decided my plan of action, and are taking steps to change. This week i have been out on the bike, when it hasn't been torrential rain, and it feels good. The thighs have been burning, the lungs have been filled, and the good thing about cycling is no matter how hard i push myself, my body doesn't lock for three days afterwards. I have also been swinging the kettlebell. Surprisingly, i hadn't tried a one handed swing properly until this month when i got Rays May schedule. I couldn't believe how much it worked my biceps, i really felt it straight away. I have just about finished the Brain Wave book and am ready to put into action, lets hope its all that it promises to be.

No comments: