Friday 21 May 2010

i get it

I finally get it. All the fannying about i have done, and i now get it. Eat less, exercise more. Not rocket science. Nothing Revolutionary. Eat less, exercise more. I don't know if i have just came out of a winter slump where my brain hast been working, or more to the point where i haven't been listening. But now i get it. Eat less, work more. Life is simple, we make it complicated. I am going back to basics. No food diaries, no fasting, nothing fancy, just eat less, and exercise more.
Last week i finally realised the secret to success, it just dawned on me while digging the garden, that me trying to complicate things, trying to jazz them up by giving them a title or a name, was the thing that was hurting me the most. Lets just forget all that and keep it simple. That will be the secret to my success.
My mum's still a concern, but i had to make a conscious decision to stand back and concentrate on Aisha and Kim, they have been needing me more lately. Mum is still struggling with her diabetes, and i don't think she ever will be able to control it. My concern is every time she goes hypo she just does herself a little bit more damage. I try to help as best i can, but I know it pisses her off me constantly asking the same questions. We still haven't addressed her anger issues but we will soon.
Aisha is getting better with keeping herself dry, she's still not 100% but she's close. Her behaviour is up and down. We are still waiting for the final assessment so they can confirm she is on the Autism spectrum. This will mean we can look at getting her help at school. This will be a big weight off Kim's shoulders.
i have been reading about Brain Wave Vibrations as i heard it can be good for both autism and spinal injuries. This would be ideal to help both Aisha and Kim. Not even halfway through the book yet though!
The sun is shining today, life is good. Long may it continue!

No comments: