Monday 23 August 2010

Another week, another step in the right direction. It started great, Monday through to Thursday seen me on the bike and swinging the kettlebell on alternative night, but it came to a grind over the weekend due to work commitments. i did manage a long walk along the beach on Sunday to watch the speed boats, only to get caught in the downpour and soaked before getting back to the car!!
I have been sitting this morning thinking of a simple plan that wont see me pushed too hard that i wont see it through, and something that i can do so i can measure my progress. I have decided to split into three catagories. Firstly is cylcing. I have to admit I am loving being out on the bike, and will look to do a lot more off road stuff next year. I have a running track close to my house and am going to use that to measure my cycling, timing myself while increasing the distance. Secondly is the kettlebells, I have a simple routine i do where i do double handed swings broken up with press ups or some other free weight activity. I am going to do the same as the cycling, time and measure. Thirdly I am going to do simple press ups, increasing the amouth daily, or weekly, as this works on two areas I need to work on, arm and chest, and should be fairly straight forward to measure.
I wont write any routine down, like Monday Cycling, Tuesday kettlebells etc as that has been my downfall in the past. I will stick to the three disciplines, measure them and hopefully see the benefits. Oh, and i still haven't weighed myself.
Feeling positive about this, I know i can do it, i just need to catalogue much of what i have oalready been doing.

No comments: