Monday 9 August 2010

I have decided the time is right for me to try and once again chart my progress. I have thought long and hard about it, and I feel i am in a much better place mentally to attempt this. I know i have tried and failed many times, unfortunately i am sure there are many in my shoes who have done exactly the same. But I feel i have made good progress over the last few weeks. My attitude towards food and exercise has changed, where before food was always in my thoughts, and seemed to be a noose round my neck at times, i now see it more as an energy source. I have kept things very simple, and it seems to be working. A lot of it goes down to planning. On Sunday I made a huge bowl of pasta with vegetables and put it into Tupperware boxes. I now have a healthy snack when i need one. If that option wasn't there, it would be too easy to snack on junk food. Last week i done the same with chicken and rice. Next week it will be something different.
The exercise is also going well, especially on the bike. On Sunday I went out for an hour, all round Bridge of Don, along the river through tillydrone and home. Last night i was out for 40 minutes, coming unstuck when i slipped on a wooden bridge due to the heavy rain. I have been looking into different routes and am going to go along the old Dyce to Ellon rail track which is now a path for walkers and cyclists. Will probably do this on Saturday.
i have printed off a weekly chart, which i have broken into sections for each day. I wont sit here and type up my great plans for the weeks and months ahead, that hasn't worked for me in the past, but I will fill out chart, and catalogue it here, so i have a permanent record, and something to analyse. For once i think i can do this. It feels good!

1 comment:

ray said...

I like it! A positive and inspiring post!