Tuesday 6 October 2009

Another Year

Today i turn 38 and time for more reflection. I have been thinking about my dad more than usual lately, nothing weird, just happy memories. I sometimes look at Aisha and wonder about our relationship and what road it will take, then think of my own journey with my dad, all the ups and downs. Fortunately i only remember the goods times, choosing not to focus on the bad. Its mum and Dads wedding anniversary on the 17th, and i think me and Dave are going to spend the day with her, which will include a visit to the crematorium memorial garden, a very peaceful place where we can share memories.
So today I am in reflection mode, but also looking forward. I'm thinking hows its time me and Kim were cracking on with having another kid. We have tried, and Kim has miscarried once, but so far nothing. But maybe now its time to get more scientific, look at charts and times and all that. I hope i can learn from my short comings as a dad first time round. Or maybe that should be learn of my short comings as a husband! When Aisha was younger, and work was busy and stressful i was guilty of letting Kim deal with far too much at home, assuming because she was home full time with Aisha she was coping. Things got on top of her and she struggled for a while. We talked and it opened my eyes. Ignorance is bliss as they say. This time it will be different. I think I also realise more now than ever how important family and friends are.
Saying all that if Kim doesn't get me The Stone Roses box set for my birthday today she better start looking for a new home!!

No comments: