Thursday 29 October 2009

its been a while

i havent posted for a good long time so here's a quick update. Last week i was off on holiday, didnt go anywhere but was great to spend time with the family. The weather was terrible but we still had a good time, playing the Wii, watching DVD's. Then on Sunday got a phone call to say mum had been taken into hospital, the carer had to call an ambulance as mum had went hypo. Spent the afternoon in A&E waiting room, finally got to see mum to be told she would be kept in overnight, so i had to nip out to Inverurie to get an overnight bag for her. Met a lad Kevin in A&E who i knew from years back, his mum was also in. When i went back in at night mum was anxious because she hadnt taken her pills or her insulin. Told her not to worry, she was in the best place to deal with that. Me and Dave had a long chat to her about her diabetis, something she hasnt been able to control since Dad died. If she could get it under control her life would be so much better. When we left the hospital we bumped in to Kevin again. I asked how his mum was and he said he was told not to expect her to make it through the night. She had fallen and dislocated her arm that afternoon, but at some stage had been sick, which had went into her lungs. The poor lad looked absolutely devastated. I really felt for him. Your whole world can be turned upside down in a second. I had a troubled sleep that night thinking of many things that have effected me lately.
We expected mum to get out on the Monday but they kept her in until Tuesday night. I worked late and headed up to take her home. Kim had texted me to ask if i would be home to bath Aisha but i had to say sorry no. Then mum was on the phone chasing me to hurry up as she wanted home. I could feel myself stuck in the middle. I collected mum, rushed out to Inverurie, dropped her off then rushed back into town to try and catch some time with Aisha. When i got in Aisha was on the toilet and Kim was in tears. What was wrong i asked? Aisha had peed herself. She is 6 now and this has been a constant battle. Kim blames herself. She also suspects there could be more to it, possibly Autism. I disagree and this can cause arguments. I washed Aisha and put her to bed, then went to speak to Kim but tension was in the air and we didn't get anywhere.
The next day i went on the Internet to see what i could find. I came across an organisation called ERIC, Education and Resource for Improving Children's incontinence. Hopefully they can give us some answers. I have printed off some literature and started reading through it. I read Aisha a story from there site last night, about a little boy who has trouble pooing. Maybe if she can relate to someone Else's story we can understand her better.
the fitness regime was due to be restarted on Monday after my holiday but has been delayed due to other commitments. I am still staying active, and have made a conscientious decision to take the more active choice. Walked to the library last week rather than drive. Took the stairs rather than the lift. I have noticed a general improvement in my health, not breathing out my arse when i climb a set of stairs, that kind of thing, but i want so much more. the difference, i suppose, is i have the tools, the know how, the inspiration, the only thing i don't have now is the excuse!!

No comments: