Wednesday 25 February 2009

I have started this week far more optimistic than the last few. I got out for a long walk on Monday, and will do the same tonight. As time is rare for me just now, i have decided to combine exercise and education into one activity. I really dont know how far I will take this exercise regime. I am waiting to hear back from Ray about the kettlebells workshop, but looking into it it sounds something that would really work for me. I am also trying to be more active in my day to day life. So the walking is perfect for me at this stage. Not too demanding, quite enjoyable, and good for me. And along with that i have started a french course. Nothing too heavy, just a few podcasts at the moment, but combining the two made sense. We'll see how i go with it.
Work has been very stressful at the moment. No one knows how safe our jobs are, and the demands being put on us are tougher as each week progresses. Last week i was pulled in and told there was to be no overtime. This week i was told there would be no pay rises. But the expectations to still complete all tasks given to my department are still there. These added pressure along with the recent bad weather have made for a miserable place. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. The sun is shining again. The reduced hours means more time at home. Lets concentrate on the good things.
My NLP reading is going well. I am still just reading, not studying, and this is something that wont be completed in a couple of months but I will get there.

No comments: