Sunday 1 March 2009

its with a heavy heart that i type this, but my father passed away yesterday. His health took a turn for the worse yesterday morning, and by 1.30pm he was gone. I am so glad it happened so quick, and he was in very little pain, not requiring the morphine the doctor had prescribed him. Yesterday was tough for all of us, but today has been easier. My mum will need a lot of support over the next few weeks and months, but i will be there for her.
Today we met the funeral director and got the funeral plans in place. As the eldest son i have to step up and take the responsibility. I just hope i do my dad proud. He was such a huge personality and after all the problems we went through I am so grateful we made up and the last 15 years we had a great relationship. I miss you dad, but know you will be with me always. Don't worry about mum, she's in good hands with me and Dave.

No comments: