Saturday 15 August 2009

back in the groove

i haven't posted for a few days. Two reasons. First, i have been on holiday. Secondly I have hurt my back and been out of action. The two coupled together means there has been no progress, but you know what? I don't care. I am happy that I will get back on and make the progress I was making. The two weeks where everything was going well felt good and I want that back with bells on.
Lets start with the holiday. We didn't go anywhere but had days away here and there and it was great to be away from the office and the sanction of my family. Aisha starts Primary 2 next week and it is great to see her progress and grow up. Kim also seems a lot happier. She starts back at the university in a couple of weeks and the extra cash will be a huge help!
Okay onto my back. I managed to hurt it in two places. The first was picking Aisha up without bending my knees, as soon as i lifted her I knew i had done something. It was a dull stiffness more than anything else. It didn't lay me out but it certainly restricted me. Then i managed to hurt myself in bed!! i twisted my back and felt a sharp pain beside my left shoulder blade. This made movement more restrictive but the dull pain in my lower back disappeared!!
I was still able to function normally though sitting down was fine but when i stood up it took me a couple of seconds to adjust. When the lower back hurt i tried the kettlebell but it wasn't happening.
My bike is also still out of action, but is going in for a service to the Edinburgh Bike Co. on 22nd August, it will be good to have it back in tip top condition and to have more trust in it!
One major change has been i finally had that conversation with my brother. I felt and underlying tension between us and didn't like it so decided it was better to ask him than to avoid it. So we went for a few drinks last Saturday. I asked why he hadn't spoken to me about going to Australia and he said it was because he felt bad about leaving me the responsibility of looking after mum and dad. I told him i would rather have that responsibility than to loose my best friend and everything just felt right again. We still have more speaking to do, but the beer was taking hold and the time wasn't right. But i am so glad we talked. a lesson i will learn for the future.
Today is the first game of the football season and i am off to Pittodrie, and it is pissing it down. What has happened to the first game sunshine we are used to. A hard game against Celtic but my optimism is still there, just!!

No comments: