Monday 14 September 2009

nlp revisited

I need to get back into the NLP groove. I haven't picked up a book in over a month and on Friday i had a situation where NLP would have let me handle it better. A lad in my department was getting into a habit of slacking off on Friday afternoons, usually our busiest time. He is always the first one away on a Friday, and his mobile starts going with texts from his mates getting ready to head for the pub. When he is on call and has to work late he starts to humf and moan about it. So i had to take him aside and remind him his responsibilities and also that we all work the same in the department. The message got through as he was last to leave on Friday, but i felt i could have handled it better. I built up some tension within myself before speaking with him, which in turn meant to start with i didn't get my message across as clear as i would have liked. There are other aspects of my life that NLP will help, in fact quite a lot, so i will get the book out, read it and put the theories into practice.

No comments: