Tuesday 1 September 2009

a positive outlook

i am feeling very positive about things just now. i have a separate post about my mum that i cant publish until i am happy with it, i just cant get my thoughts down to read correctly, hopefully soon though. But my back pain has gone, i have been swinging(kettlebells) cycling and running and feel good. The weight hasn't shifted any, i weighed myself on Monday, but i ain't worried, because i feel i have so many more tools at my disposal. In a way this year so far has been all about preparation, and now i am ready to get down to it, to implement change. Last night i didn't get out until after 8.30pm and by then it was close to darkness. i had bought new lights for my bike and went to put the batteries in before heading out when the fitting that holds the front light to the handlebars broke!! that will teach me for buying cheap lights. So not to be put off, i decided to head out for a run. I'm not a great fan of running, but I gave it my best shot. I went to Balgownie playing fields in the pitch dark and ran round one of the football pitches. I ran at length then breadth at a decent pace, then walked the other half until i completed a circuit, repeating five times. I was soaked with sweat at the end and breathing very heavily but felt good. Tonight it is the turn of the kettlebells. With my workouts with them being erratic i will re-start the 20 minute workout Ray gave me and work that.

1 comment:

Ray Wilson said...

Sounding great!
If you want to team up for one of your KB workouts, give me a shout, I`d be happy to!