Tuesday 2 December 2008

Faith

No not the religious type, but in humans. I am finding it quite hard to have any faith in anyone just now. I have long been of the opinion that you should put your trust in people. But I am finding it increasingly hard to, and I'll be honest, I don't like it.
Two incidents at work haven't helped. A disagreement with a colleague over two employees, where the argument verged on the ridiculous upset me on Friday. the colleague is someone I would have considered a friend. But the aftermath has left a bitter taste. The other incident was a guy who works under me, who is leaving next week. He asked for time off for his kids Christmas play, and i told him to make up the time or take a half day holiday. This was all in email, so i got a snotty email back where he also copied in my boss. This is a guy who gets time off for every hospital appointment, every time his car breaks down. He has recently came under my supervision and clearly doesn't like it, but his reaction tells me so much about him. And I can't help feeling disappointed. But it probably says more about him than me. I really need to learn how to let go quickly of these thoughts in my head that i let play over and over again. I know in both occasions I was right in what i was doing, but the reaction of those involved has told me a lot about the human condition, and how little trust we can put in others.

The diet is still going strong, but having real difficulty getting the exercising going. It snowed here today, and the cold weather is keeping me in bed, but I know that is an excuse and I need to be stronger!!

No comments: