Thursday 7 January 2010

its been nearly a month since my last post. To be honest, not that much has happened, Christmas has came and gone, and a great time has been had by all. Drank too much, ate too much, the usual story really, but glad it is all over. Unfortunately with the weather being so bad, we cant get back to normality.
Over the festive season i wrote myself up a fitness plan. It consists of a variety of activities that i will chart to see my progress. One part of the plan was interval running. I went out on Monday night when the streets were covered in snow and it became clear running wasn't an option. I decided i could still go out for a walk, get the heart rate increased. Off I set into a blizzard. After 20 minutes walking the streets of Bridge of Don I contemplated phoning Mountain Rescue but the shame of it stopped me. By the time I got home I was virtually snow blind, and had the strange sensation of having burning thighs while at the same time they felt like blocks of ice. But it felt good to be out. I had dressed for the occasion so Frost bite wasn't an issue.
The next day I cleared the garage and I started Ray's January Kettlebell challenge, a 1000 kettlebell swings a week, plus a Turkish get up a day adding one rep a day. I still struggle with the Turkish get up, and more so while using my right arm, the weaker of the two, but will persevere to get there. I have also started a push up routine for the next 8 weeks to get rid of the man boobs.
2009 was a shit year, plain and simple, by the end of it my head was fuzzy and couldn't focus properly. Things would stir around my head for days when i should have just batted them off. This year I am feeling much better, thinking clearer. Time to focus on the things that are right, and ignore the rest.

No comments: