Sunday 3 May 2009

Last night was a bit of a low. I visited mum in hospital and took her home to pick up some needles for injecting her insulin. She still seemed very confused, but not that bothered about it. I have to accept this will be a long journey. When I heard the occupational therapist planned to take her home for some exercises, making a cup of tea, heating up some food, that type of thing, i thought she might be on the mend sooner than hoped. Saturday made me realise that isn't the case. She is still a long way from getting home if ever. But she seems happy, and for that I am thankful. The depression doesn't seem to be around and she is off the anti-depressants.
Today i worked the kettlebells again today in the garden between rain showers. I have read about HIIT and mentioned it here before. Interval training is good for fat loss, something I am keen on. This can be worked with running, swimming, cycling, or possibly kettlebells. You start with 30 seconds of high intensity training, followed by 90 seconds of resting, not standing still but a reduced rate of exercise, say walking. This would last 20 minutes. Each week would see an increase in training and a reduction in resting until it was an even 50/50 split. This form of exercise works the metabolism harder than a similar exercise at a constant rate, say jogging. I now plan to try and work this in to my busy schedule. Today I tried it with the kettlebells and felt good afterwards, though red faced and out of breath as usual.
The diet has been good this a week and tomorrow i will weigh myself to see how well it has really went.
Tomorrow not only is it May Day but also Star Wars day, May the 4th be with you!!!!!

No comments: