Tuesday 19 May 2009

A new beginning

a current theme in my life is of the fresh start. You know what I mean. Start a diet, it lasts a few days and then you blow it, but promise yourself to start again next week. That has been my way of thinking for years, and where has it got me? Nowhere. So now i look at things in a different perspective. I now have all the tools at my disposal to change my life. I have the diet plan, i have the exercise plan, i have the finance plan. None are at an advanced stage but are adequate to get me started.
The diet is still on going, but I am learning quickly where I go wrong. So to compensate for this I am keeping a food diary. Everything goes into it, and over time a pattern will emerge. I came to the conclusion that I have a problem with food. Sometimes I binge eat, sometimes i don't, but i certainly lack control. I have a sweet tooth, i have a savoury tooth. So to overcome this I am fasting twice a week. later this week i will put down all the stats to show where i am, where i intend to get to, and how i will get there.
the fitness aspect is going well, the kettlebells are good, but the one thing is i feel i could be doing much more. But I wont beat myself up about it just now.
I feel I am going in the right direction, and if nothing else that is a positive. Now to get the fat off!!

1 comment:

Ray said...

Well done Stuart!
You`re a man in control! (you know what you want and your developing it!)
Keep charge!