Sunday 19 July 2009

a good weekend

Saturday morning was very busy at work, some hard graft moving archive boxes worked up a sweat. The afternoon was spent eating popcorn and watching Alvin and the Chipmunks with Aisha. Saturday night we watched Cass, a decent movie and slightly different from the usual football hooligan films where the filmed based itself on Cass' life, not just his hooligan days and tried to give you an insight into the mans life. All these genre films miss something and this film was no different. I cant put my finger on what, maybe i just don't believe the characters that much. For me that scene was very heavily influenced by fashion but this was bypassed in the film as was the music. Nut not bad in all, 6 out of 10.
on Sunday we went in past for my mum and headed up to Turriff. It has a great park with a duck pond, so we took some bread with us to feed them. We were lucky in that the rain stayed off while we were at the park, as it was on for the rest of the day. we stopped off in Ellon for a cup of tea before heading home.
Two things stood out for me this weekend, both related to food. On Saturday we had fajitas. Usually i would eat until everything was finished. this time i stuck to having two, leaving the rest for Sunday. Also when we went to Ellon Aisha wanted Chips. She got a huge plate full. Normally I would have more than helped her finish. Today I didn't have one. I did have a hot chocolate, but the point was i changed my habit. Only a small step, but one in the right direction.
Tomorrow i have a course that doesn't start until 9am, so instead of having longer in bed i plan to get out on the bike again.

No comments: