Friday 17 July 2009

Tonight I went out on my bike in the pissing rain. Friday night and i am out on the bike. A definite change in attitude. With a hard stressful day at work behind me the usual routine would have been to come home ranting then to kick back with a few beers. Tonight i wanted to avoid that, even though its been raining hard all day and hadn't let up at night i decided to get out. I returned home wet, tired, out of breath but happy. Not with the amount of good the bike run had done me, but the fact I had crossed the line and made the effort. The effort to change my life.
I decided to go off road and follow a path down by the river don, not the best idea as it was waterlogged and the shrubbery was wild, covering my path, but i still came home with a smile on my face. Not a big smile, as the thighs were burning and my chest felt tight, maybe more an inner smile!!

No comments: