Tuesday 7 July 2009

Ouch

Well that hurt this morning, i thought my lungs were going to collapse, my legs turned to jelly and my ratio of walking to running was closer to 90/10 than the 50/50 i hoped. Truth is i knew it would be hard, but you never remember just how tough it is going to be. But the air was cool, which helped, and my head felt clear when heading into work which was good, starting work early and refreshed while others headed in looking dazed and half asleep.
I received a call at 8.25am from my mum's carer saying she had rang the bell and phoned and she couldn't get hold of my mum and was getting concerned. I had just about grabbed the car keys to head out when she said she could see someone moving, and mum opened the door. She had slept in!! Panic over. Again. I tell you my nerves aren't up to this. Mum phoned me later apologising, she had slept in, so she is off to get a new alarm clock today. She asked me to get her one but I told her she could manage herself. The trip to Tesco will do her good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you mate. Keep it up.
One step at a time.