Tuesday 6 January 2009

Today I didn't get up so early and felt a bit lethargic. Completely different yesterday when after the early morning exercise I felt refreshed and ready for the days events. I need to focus on this each morning, so that I remember it really is better to get that early start. My thighs feel tight, but no pain no gain is what I am telling myself. I still feel very overweight, and it is usually this feeling that stops me from continuing the many diets I have started. If I haven't had a good day, I turn to junk food for comfort slouched on the sofa. But not any more.
I spoke earlier about being inspired by others but I realised the only inspiration should be from myself. I have to do this first and foremost for myself. The results will affect others in a positive way. Being more self confident will make me a better husband, a better dad, a better work colleague, a better friend. I wont want to hide away from the world when the chips are down.
I visited my folks last night. My mum got the plaster cast removed yesterday so life will be a bit easier for them. My dad fell three times over new year and the doctor has given him a walking stick to get about. He will also get a visit from the physiotherapist to help strengthen his legs. The problem with this is he has to want to help himself, and it looks like he has given up. He is due to visit the hospital on the 26th of this month to x-ray his lungs to see how much the cancer has progressed. I don't expect him to accept any treatment and have faced up to the fact the next few months will see him deteriorate with each visit. Last night he was shaking, and i think now his mind isn't as strong as it was. I need to be strong for them, especially my mum who has found the last few weeks hard. She has also stepped back into herself, and seems to have no confidence. I am trying to encourage her to be strong, and not to just sit back and let things happen. Here's hoping she can be.

No comments: