Monday 12 January 2009

Week 2

So before i go into week two, lets have a quick review of week one. When i started this blog i split my aims and ambitions into five categories, so lets see them

Health & Fitness - The fitness programme went well, but I felt I could have done better, but as I am so unfit I won't beat myself up about it. The diet was the same, went well but could do better. I suppose in January there isn't the same desire or availability for salads. I have done well to cut out most of the snacking, but the meals could be organised better and I will work on that.

Finance - I haven't really addressed this issue, but plan to sit down with Kim and do a budget, something we have never done. This will be painful but as Kim isn't working just now, and with the credit crunch, needs to happen soon.

Family - I have managed to devote more time to my family, which has been good. The thing that bothers me is our activities are the same week in, week out. Aisha is limited because of her cerebral palsy and selective mutism in that she would find it hard to communicate with an instructor, and she would also find the likes of gymnastics hard to do with her lack of movement and flexibility. But maybe we need to push her a bit harder!!

Culture and Arts - this hasn't changed much to be honest. I still spend more than enough time in front of the TV. I also haven't looked at the guitar or French lessons yet. But, and this is a valid but, I am studying NLP at the momement and this should open doors for me in regard to how I approach learning these new skills. This may be a bit of a cop out but I want to start this new learning with a better chance of completing them. For this to happen I have to get my brain in tune.

Career - Once again there hasn't been much change. With the credit crunch everyone is affected and the Oil Industry is no different. It may well be I will be here for the next 6 months. What I plan to do is visit a recruitment agency, tell them the type of job I am looking for, and get them to advise what skills I need to learn. This should put me in a better position for when the market recovers and the work starts to improve.

So that's a quick review. All in all nothing great but a decent start. I was watching Paul McKenna's I can make you thin programme lat night and was amazed at how many NLP techniques he uses, I think i will have to tune in again to see what I can learn.

No comments: