Tuesday 13 January 2009

Yesterdays early morning work out went well, though I found it hard to get my times right as i couldn't see my stopwatch clearly in the dark!! But there is no tightness in my thighs. The real test will start when i start putting in more times. At the moment I am happy to take things slow. I am really looking forward to seeing a change, especially in my fitness. I have never been fit. I love playing badminton, and played with a colleague a few years back. He only ever beat me once, but after each game it looked like he had thrashed me as my face was bright red while he looked fine. We would play during lunch and it would take me until 3pm to lose the colour in my face!!
My friend Pat has arranged an NLP workshop with Bob Spour which i plan to attend. This will give me the chance to learn form an expert and also to ask questions. The one thing about studying yourself is the lack of opportunity to bounce thoughts and ideas off of someone else. I really think this is the opportunity that can help me turn things around. Mental strength is the key. Being able to address each situation confidently, even thought they may be tough will be important for me. The last thing I want to do is slip into a depression. i have suffered from depression in the past, at the time when prozac was being made available in the UK. My grandmother also suffered from it, so maybe it is in my genes, then again, maybe not. But it is a very tough thing to overcome, the power of your own mind. I managed mostly in part to meeting my would be wife. Unfortunately for me the prozac didn't work. It was a very strange time in my life. So with my fathers ill health, my brothers imminent departure for Australia, and the poor state of my mind last year, i need to focus and to ensure I can handle anything life throws at me with a bit more resolve.

No comments: