Monday 19 January 2009

Week 3

so i now begin week 3. I weighed myself this morning and haven't lost an ounce. This is probably due to having a night out on Friday and a not so healthy lunch on Saturday. The fitness also wasn't as consistent as I wanted it last week, so this week I will give it a big push to get back on track. I don't know why i lose my focus so easily.
My father is causing me some distress. I don't type this as an excuse, more i am trying to get my thoughts down so i can maybe make sense of them. It looks now like he will be bed ridden for the rest of his life. He fell again on Saturday night and bruised his hand. He now has no confidence in walking and is a prisoner on the sofa. So we have ordered him one of the adjustable beds but i cant see him ever leaving it. I am amazed how quickly he is deteriorating. He never shares information with me, like how much pain he is in, so I can only take a guess. But I am sure it wont be nice. He is all skin and bones, his left arms constantly twitches, and for the first time I can noticeably see that is brain isn't as sharp as it was. He is back in the hospital next Monday for another scan but the doctors cant do anything for him. I expect sooner rather than later he will be admitted to hospital, probably for good. It is so sad to see him like this. My father was a very proud man, a real mans man, with arms like body builder, who didn't show much emotion. We never had the best relationship but that changed just over a decade a go and the relationship has been good since. Even though he looks so poorly I try and remember him as the man I used to look up to so much, usually without his knowledge.

No comments: