Monday 24 November 2008

Day One Part One

That was tough. Well I knew it would be but not that tough. I got out of bed at 5.30am, changed into my training gear and headed out. There was still snow on the roads, though most had melted away, and the temperature was just above zero. I put my ipod on and headed out for the first part of my fitness regime, 20 minutes of walking and jogging, two minutes of each at a time. Easy I thought. Walking was fine, not a problem. Jogging not so. The first set was fine, the second not quite so, but by the third I felt my chest was going to snap. I managed a fourth jog but the fifth was beyond me. Now for the record, for when in a few months time I look back at this blog, i couldn't walk and jog for 20 minutes. When i got home my face was bright red, I was sweating, and my legs felt like jelly. I sat in the living room for 10 minutes trying to compose myself. My routine also had some other exercises in it, such as press ups, but I just wasn't fit to face them. They can wait until tonight.
Okay so the exercising was harder than I thought. The diet shouldn't be so hard. I started the day with a bowl of Special K, well at least Tesco's economy version of Special K, and a glass of fresh orange. That's one of my five a day ticked off. I then had an apple for mid morning snack, followed by two sandwiches and some diluting juice for lunch. So far so good. This afternoon i have a banana and a kiwi fruit to look forward to. Then tonight a small plate of stovies and some veg for tea.
My next challenge will be to avoid sitting in front of the TV all night. Kims out of the house, so I need to occupy myself. That means only one thing, DIY. I have plenty of small jobs to be done, so once Aisha is in bed I will pick one and get it done.

No comments: