Saturday 29 November 2008

The weekend

i haven' posted for a few days. To be honest I had a quick thought to scrap the blog and start again. The reason? I haven't been doing good with the exercise. The diet is going well, apart from having a few beers after a bad day at work on Friday I have been sticking to my plan. Yes I could be doing better but the plan isn't to beat myself up and make it so strict I crack. The first major hurdle with the diet is the weekend. I don't know how many times I have started a diet, done well then hit the weekend and let it go. Takeaway meals, feasting on snacks at night. Somehow in my head, once i trip up i really go for it, pigging out while convincing myself I will start again the next Monday and everything will be fine. Well the stats prove that's not true. But so far this weekend has went well. There was no cooked breakfast at work which is the norm for a Saturday. Lunch was a sandwich which was good. Even at the football, when my mates were tucking in to Pittodrie's finest pies, i made do with a bovril to help heat me up. Supper was home made broth which i had made earlier. If i can make it through the evening by having some fruit only then i will have cracked my first Saturday on a diet for a very long time, then it will be onto Sunday!!
So onto the exercising. The truth is i found the first day really hard and made excuses to not go out again. But that has to stop. One of my problems is making excuses in my head which stop me doing the things i should be doing. I have to get this sorted, but i know it will be hard. One key in losing weight is to increase my metabolism. The two main things is to build muscles, and to exercise. So even if i go out and fail to meet my daily expectations, that is better than not going out at all. So on Monday i am determined to to drag myself out of bed and to do my programme, even if it is going to be dark and freezing cold.
Monday will be the first time i have weighed myself since i started. I'm not expecting anything great, especially because I have failed with the exercising, but any loss will be good.
On Friday my friend Pat got out of hospital and i think reading his blog should help me put into context what i hope to achieve compared to him. He has been so positive with his battle, and for me to achieve my goal i have to learn to think like him. when i wake tomorrow i will think of him and take inspiration from him.

No comments: