Wednesday 19 November 2008

the next step

so its out there. I finally started the blog. Getting it out there is only the beginning, Now i have to decide how to move things forward to change my life. I think the best way is to split my life into sections, and to focus on each one seperately. So the sections of my life will be
Health and Fitness
Finance
Family
Culture and Arts
Career

Let me discuss each catagory on its own

Health and Fitness - this will cover my aim to lose weight and get fit. I will be looking into working a fitness programme. I wont be doing any diet other than cutting out the crap and eating healthily, thinking of what i am putting into my body.
Finance - this will be something that will continually evolve. The aim in the long term is to remove all debt and to reduce my mortgage to such a level that i am not restricted to where I work. This will have a big benefit to me and my family. One point though. This wont be done to the detriment of my family. I dont want them missing out on things ever. We will still holiday, spend time together, but with more focus on our finances.
Family - This doeasnt just mean spending more time with my family, it also means adding to it, as me and Kim hope to add to our family sooner rather than later. But it also means more than that. It means spending better quality time with all the family. Making more of the time we have together. Anyone remember the advert last year with the kids sacking there dads. Then the question was asked "who do you work for?" well that gave me a reality check. Who do i work for? The answer must always be, Kim and Aisha.
Culture and Arts - This will cover a variety of aspects of my life. Lets start with TV. I have got to start using TV instead of felling used by TV. I need to watch what i want to watch, then learn to switch off and do something more contructive. For example, last night I wanted to watch a biography about Kurt Cobain. Instead of keeping myself busy until it started at 10pm i sat and flicked through the TV channels until it started. Christ at one point i was watching Christmas number ones from the past 25 years!!! This needs to stop!
This catagory will also cover my desire to add new activities to my life. Two that I have already decided on is learning to play the guitar, and learning to speak French. These can be achieved, i just need the motivation to do it. All i need is to look at my wife and i have the inspiration.
One other part of this section is reading. I like reading, but I probably limit myself with my choice of books, autobiographies mainly. I need to widen this selection.
Career - My final catagory. I haven't been happy at work for a long time. I need to move job. But I need to make the correct move, nothing hasty. At this moment with my firm shedding jobs, and the country moving into a recession it isnt a good time to move. But that shouldnt stop me making plans and taking steps to move when the time is right.

So thats the sections decided, now I need to plan how to make each section workable.

No comments: