Wednesday 22 April 2009

the goal posts move again

Mum is now in ward 50. when i visited last night and spoke to the nurse they had very little knowledge of her and her background. So i sat and talked about what had happened and what she was like before the overdose. The nurse told me they were now looking to move her to Inverurie hospital to a slow go rehabilitation programme. The other one they do is at Woodend Hospital but has a long waiting list. She also told me to phone Dave and discuss the long term future as it is likely she wont be able to go home to her own home again. This is completely different to last week when they were discussing her going home with some assistance. I haven't had the heart to tell her she wont be going home yet, firstly because I think it will upset her and secondly because i don't know how true it is. Every doctor and nurse has told me a different story, who do I believe. The fact is she is not safe to go home just now, but how much will that change over the next few weeks and months. The nurse last night was great and made the effort to phone everyone involved, consultants, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, to get there take on things. We should have a clearer picture next week.
I have started my 24 hour fast. It started at 7pm last night, so i am already over 12 hours in. This will mean I can have something to eat tonight. Last night I also got the guitar out. As you may remember this was one of the aims in my original revolution. I managed to get it tuned last night. Anything to avoid watching the Apprentice!! I am also continuing to look at ways to reduce my outgoings. More on that to come.

No comments: