Saturday 11 April 2009

Rollercoaster

its been up and down this week at the hospital. mum is making good progress. After getting used to the fact she will be admitted to Cornhill we were then told there was no need. Then the doctors discussed what her requirements will be when she gets out. That has raised her hopes, maybe too much. She is still well away from being released. She still gets easily confused, she repeats herself, and her speech is still not right. Yesterday she got a sickness and diarrhea bug. She had already lost a lot of weight and this knocked her for six. When i visited she was so weak she was falling asleep in mid sentence. I left her to get a good sleep. I am heading up this afternoon, where my aunt Ethel will be visiting for the first time. This will be the first visitor my mum has had except me Dave Lara and Kim. Everyone was concerned about visiting her before as we weren't sure of her state of mind. Now she seems more stable. Hopefully this visit will pick her spirits up and wont upset her too much.
I was swinging the kettlebell again this week, and could feel it in my thighs the next day. I went out for a jog/walk beforehand to get the metabolism kicking in. I have been looking into methods to increase my metabolism to help with weight loss. I will post these next week.
I got myself a new phone yesterday. The new contract will save me £10 a month. Along with the £20 I will get for recycling my phone I will save £140 a year. We also cancelled Sky this week so will be with BT Vision from the 10th May. Both savings will be welcomed. We sat down and went through our finances and were shocked by the outcome. Not that we are in serious financial trouble, but the reality is we are both crap with money, and have no budget to work with. Our monthly income is down at least £1000 a month since the downturn. But we have never adjusted our spending. This can be traced back years where regardless how much came in we spent as we seen fit. This was very foolish on our part, but the fact is we have now woken up to it and have decided on a budget. It wont be easy but will benefit us greatly in the long run. I will continue to find areas to save money, while also attempting to pay off our debts. We are probably the same as millions out there but no more. As we don't have much of a social life, the budget shouldn't be too hard to stick to, and the visibility of debts being reduced should give us the inspiration to continue.
Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and the forecast is good. I plan to head to out on the bike for an early run before swinging the kettlebell. My sister in law Susan and nephew Kerr are up from Southampton so the day will be split between my in laws and the hospital. This last year has told pending me family is so important, and I am looking forward to spending a good day with them.

No comments: