Tuesday 28 April 2009

Ouchy

that's the second kettlebell session i have had with Ray and the second time I have been left in agony. Today my shoulders feel like they have sized up and my abs and thighs burn when i move them. What are you doing to me man?? Last night I intended going for a swim. I left the house at 8.45pm but took a call about work on the way. As it was windy i sheltered behind a fence to talk. When the call was finished I went into the swimming pool only to be told the last admission was 9pm and i was 5 minutes late. I had a laugh to myself. Typical me, best intentions gone out the window!! Last night i had a poor sleep as I struggled with the sore shoulders.

Last night I also handled my fast better, not feeling so hungry afterwards. We had a meal of fajitas and i followed that with some fruit later on. My next fast day will probably be Thursday. I might adjust the times so it runs from lunch time to lunch time.

I also finished Animal Farm last night. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The book is based on Stalin and the Bolshevik uprising. The book splits the different factors into animals with the pigs being the cleverest animals taking the lead and starting out by promising everyone that all animals are equal. But as time progresses the lies and greed that are typical of humans shines through until the communist state the animals hoped to live in turns into a dictatorship that none of them are able to overturn. This book has given me an appetite to read more on the history of Stalin. But not until i have went onto read the other George Orwell novels i have. Next off is Burmese days.

Tonight I am out to see Mum at Inverurie hospital. I phoned this morning and she has settled in well, she is in a small room of two. The doctor visits this afternoon, then the occupational therapist tomorrow. I hope to speak to a nurse to get a better understanding of the rehabilitation plan.

No comments: