Tuesday 28 April 2009

I'm no Quitter

Last night while lying in bed excruciating pain(sorry milking it) I was thinking over the last few weeks and months of my journey, and how much I have achieved. I think the one thing I have gained is knowledge. My concern last night was how I have always seem myself as a quitter. i have quitted more diets than I would care to remember. I have great intentions for so many things and never see them through. The whole purpose of this blog is to control these failings in my life. But as i lay there last night i came to realise I have been too hard on myself. I'm not a quitter. in fact I am the exact opposite. I've been married for 6 years, with a 5 year old quitter. Hey times haven't always been great but I am still there, still trying to make it work. And it is. I have been with my current employer over 11 years. I have hated it at times but am still here. That's not a quitter. I have a season ticket at Pittodrie, and have done for over a decade, the worst spell in the clubs history. That's not the sign of a quitter. its time i wasn't so hard on myself for never seeing anything through, and started focusing on the things I have stuck with. This focus will help get to where I want to get to.

1 comment:

Ray Wilson said...

Jeff, one thing very important about kettlebell training. You know it and have to remember to do and focus hard on it. Before lifting the KB and after your session too.
**Mobility**
Get active and don`t be restrictive with your movements - Big circles, relax and loosen the tightness. Cobra stretches. Relax and loosen the tightness. Then lift the KB or hit the shower. The pain in your shoulders will pass, mobility is key. Mobility will be enhanced ny your KB work.

Be assured your doing the swings right - from Sundays workout, guess whats making your shoulders ache.... the body weight "active recovery" sets, I bet.
I know you won`t quit on this either, and one day soon, "it" will "click", and you will be rushing home to get into your KB workout - it becomes "more-ish". You`ll see what I mean.
Ray