Thursday 23 April 2009

Time to Reflect

So much has happened since i started this blog. I thought now would be a good time to look at the original aim and see how far I have progressed. The 5 parts of my revolution were
Health and Fitness
Finance
Family
Culture and Arts
Career

lets look at each one individually

Health and Fitness - this one takes up a lot of my thoughts but not so much of my time. unfortunately time is precious at the moment and the natural thing is to let and plans slide. This isn't an excuse but more a reason, and something I need to address. Maybe I should spend more time thinking of time management!!
I have attended the kettlebells workshop and will hook up with Ray soon. I have bought my own kettlebell and this I am sure will give me good balance in my life. I have also started the new diet, and today I am fasting, and with only two hours left can honestly say it has been easier than I thought. The benefits wont be known for sometime but I am confident I can make it work.
Conclusion - could do better
Finance - once again I am sure there is more I can be doing, but I am slowly getting to where I want to be. The truth is addressing the problem was the biggest step and the rest should be easy. Never intended to be solved overnight I am happy with the small progress I have made
Conclusion - on the right path
Family - Since the original blog post so much has changed. What I shall say is I am finding it a strain to keep everyone happy, including myself, but feel the responsibility and am determined to do the right thing for everyone. I hope to get the balance right.
Conclusion - tough going but just about keeping it together!
Culture and Arts - another one that is hard when time is so limited, but I am happy that I am getting away form the couch potato I was once. The quality of my reading is improving, having just finished To Kill a Mockingbird I am now onto Animal Farm. It doesn't have much resemblance to the film of the same name I watched as a teenager though!! I also picked up the guitar last night which felt good. I will try and make that more regular.
Conclusion - could do better
Career - Well the Global Credit Crunch has put paid to any idea of moving jobs this year, but what with all that is happening in my private life that's OK, a few months wont hurt

So my overall conclusion is I could be doing much better, but for now I wont be beating myself up about it. My focus has to be being there for others around me. Things will change so much over the next few months that it is hard to make any definite plans, but I fell if anything my knowledge of where I want to be has improved.

No comments: